Read A Dragon in a Wagon by Jane Belk Moncure Free Online
Book Title: A Dragon in a Wagon|
Date of issue: September 1st 1988
ISBN 13: 9780895656711
The author of the book: Jane Belk Moncure
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 354 KB
Edition: Child's World
Read full description of the books A Dragon in a Wagon:1) This book is about a girl named Meagan and she is in the library looking for a good book to read. She finally finds one she wants to read and opens it and suddenly becomes a part of the story, with the dragon. At the end you figure out it was just her imagination taking her places in the book as it shows the dragon riding away in the book and her turning the page.
2) Preschool-2nd grade, with the suggested reading level being 1st grade
3) This book has a lot of rhyming in it, and funny parts therefore you could use it if the class needs a break from doing work during the day and just needs a good laugh. It could also be used to teach children how they should let a book take them to their imagination, and help them to really picture themselves in the books they are reading to ensure they understand the content better.
4) Children who may have a hard time picturing themselves in a story when reading them could read this to try for themselves.
5) This book would be great for First graders with them learning to read, and connecting that the words rhyme. It does not have very complex words in it either, so it would be fine for a beginner reader to read in a small group or by themselves.
6) As stated before, this would be a great book to read aloud as whole class as a break from school work and get them laughing.
7) Some related books to this genre would be Dr. Seuss books because they have a lot of rhyming tied into them as well.
8) There is currently no movie associated with this book, however the book is free on the Kindle app.
Read information about the authorJane Belk Moncure (born December 1926) is an American author of early childhood non-fiction, fiction and poetry. She has also written under the names Bruce Wannamaker and Jennie Davis.
Moncure has lived in Virginia and North Carolina. She worked in early childhood education for thirty-five years. She lives in Elon College, North Carolina.
Moncure is a creative and prolific author: there are millions of her books in circulation, and they are widely distributed in schools and libraries. Distribution has been primarily through The ChildsWorld, ChildrensPress and Scholastic. Her creations and works include My First Steps to Reading, My First Steps to Math, My First Steps to Science, Word Bird, The Soundbox Books, and The Magic Castle Series. Her works have been translated into British English, Spanish, French, Chinese, and Malay. Belk Library, Elon University holds a collection of all published books by Moncure.
Jane Belk Moncure is a recipient of the C.S. Lewis Award and over the past 20 years, her works were recognized by numerous Awards. Most recently, in 2008, Jane received the Scholastic Teacher's Choice Award for her outstanding contribution to the My First Steps to Learning Program. --from Wikipedia
Add a comment to A Dragon in a Wagon
Read EBOOK A Dragon in a Wagon by Jane Belk Moncure Online free