Read Barbara Bush: A Memoir by Barbara Bush Free Online
Book Title: Barbara Bush: A Memoir|
Date of issue: October 28th 2003
ISBN 13: 9780743254472
The author of the book: Barbara Bush
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 931 KB
Read full description of the books Barbara Bush: A Memoir:Barbara Bush endures as one of America's most popular First Ladies. She has won worldwide acclaim for her wit, compassion, and candor as both a presidential wife and mother. In this #1 New York Times bestselling memoir, Mrs. Bush offers a heartfelt portrait of her life in and out of the White House, from her small-town schoolgirl days in Rye, New York, to her fateful union with George H.W. Bush, to her role as First Lady of the United States. Here, she writes candidly about:
• her early years with George Bush in West Texas
• the tragic death of her young daughter
• the world of Washington politics and the famous figures she's met
• her role as the nation's leading literacy champion
• her feelings about the Iran-Contra scandal, the Persian Gulf conflict, and the Cold War
• the disappointment of the 1992 presidential campaign -- and the mixed blessing of regaining her private life
...and much more. Filled with entertaining anecdotes, dozens of personal photographs, and a healthy dose of humor, this memoir is as compelling and honest as the former First Lady herself.
Read information about the authorLibrarian Note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.
Barbara Pierce Bush is the wife of the 41st President of the United States, George H. W. Bush, making her First Lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993. Preceding that, she was the Second Lady of the United States from 1981 to 1989 while her husband was Vice President to Ronald Reagan. She is the mother of U.S. President George W. Bush and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush.
Add a comment to Barbara Bush: A Memoir
Read EBOOK Barbara Bush: A Memoir by Barbara Bush Online free